Saturday, July 19, 2014

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Hi There Blogosphere,

As soon as i heard Jenny Han had a new book coming out i had to own it. The Summer trilogy is right up there with my favorites. Here's my thoughts on this book.


 Title:  To All The Boys I've Loved Before**
 Author: Jenny Han
 Release Date: April 15th 2014
 Published by: Simon & Schuster
 Pages: 355
 Buy This Book: Book Depository Amazon

Synopsis: Lara Jean has never openly admitted her feelings to any of the boys she's loved. But when she writes her love letters to boys she holds nothing back. The letters are not meant to be sent but stored in an old hat box.

Until one day the letters somehow get sent. All of them. Lara Jean has to deal with her past loves. But just maybe something good will come from this?

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars.


My Thoughts: I adore Jenny Han's writing, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before is no exception. Having said that though, there were a couple of things (only a couple though) that were annoying. For me the book started off a lot slower than i would of liked. It took me until the letters got sent to really be committed to reading the book. The only other thing with this book, as with the Summer trilogy, was parts of it were very predictable. The two major plot point, i had pretty much guessed by at the start of the book, so it came as no surprise when they both revealed. I'm going to forgive Jenny though, because i just adore her writing so very much.

Even though Lara Jean is a character much younger than myself, i still found myself connecting with her. I could see a lot of my insecurities in Lara Jean and i was really rooting for her. That's what i love about Jenny Hans writing, even though the characters are younger than me, they are still relatable. I think no matter what age you are you can really see some of yourself in her characters. You start to feel like you are apart of the story, and can really feel what the character is going through.

I loved the family dynamic in this book. Alot of the times in YA books it feels as though that character as no family, you just never hear of them. But in this book family play a vital role, and i loved reading it. I just loved how i felt like i was reading about an average family that lives down the street.

I felt for all of the characters in this book, the two boys, loved them both. I'm not going to lie though, i have soft spot in my heart for Peter. It was nice to see a different take on the "jock." The banter between Lara Jean and both Peter and Josh as so fun to read. Even the interactions with Kitty put a huge smile on my face.

Now that i've said "loved" about a hundred times i'm going to stop. But please, if you haven't read this book and you are looking for a good contemporary read that makes you laugh and feel all gooey inside, please go and pick up this book. I promise you won't regret it. Now all i've got to do is wait for P.S I Still Love You. It's going to be such a long wait.

Until Next Time
May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor

Manda
(The Glittery Nerd)


**This book was bought with my own money from the Book Depository. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...